Saturday, August 05, 2006

An Inconvenient Accident.

Well it's finally happened, the Altima is Dead, Long Live the Altima!

The very first car I ever bought on my own, the very first new car I ever owned is now dead (129,666K miles, 11 years, RIP). On Friday August 4, 2006 I had an accident that rendered the car a total loss. But thankfully everyone was ok in all cars involved, and let that be a reminder that that is the most important thing after a car accident. Not blame but is everyone ok. Wish my 'rents got that concept. But this is not a self-confessional blog, I have other ones for that.

Instead this will be a chronicle of the days that I am living without my own car in the Silicon Valley/San Francisco bay area. Fortunately, I live close enough to my work (2 miles) that I will be able to get around on my bike and close enough to downtown. But the question to ask is what is this going to do to my life? my realm of possibilties? Things that we take for granted with an car.

So how do I get around?
How often have I had to mooch a ride?
What's my weight?
What's my Mass Transit Cost?
What have I had to miss from my pre-Car days.
What have I had to accommodate?

So join me as I track what's going on in my life sans automobile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home