Tuesday, January 06, 2009

If everyone was using a CFL would you do it?

Driving (yes, I know that is a no no but hey I'm not perfect) home today I heard a great story on the PRI show "Marketplace" that looked into research on what makes people more environmental. Apparently, it's when others in your peer group are green as well. This seems to jive with that our reference group influences us more than we would like to admit as a summer study that revealed that if your friends are overweight, it's likely that you will be too. So succumb to peer pressure, go green.

Speaking of driving, if your friends can't motivate you to drive less, how about being driven by saving some hard cold cash. That's the premise of this article from the Wall Street Journal that explores the cost of driving.

I'm looking forward to it warming up, so that I'll start riding more often (or so I tell myself). Some things to think about to kick off the new year.

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM , Blogger Dianna said...

man, i'd LOVE to get a job closer to home and quit this obnoxious commute. i'm always on the lookout, but it's slim pickins right now. oh well.

i can see how the peer pressure thing would work. i know when i'm visiting my utterly non-green family, it's hard to keep up with my few good habits.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home