Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A "Diet for a Small Planet" for our ages...

In the 60s and 70s Francis Lappe's Diet for a Small Planet opened people's eyes to the impact resource wise that our diets have. It's one of the reasons why I've tried to moderate meat in my diet over the years. Though I have a soft spot for sushi, and my diet tends to ebb and flow. I remember the impact of 10,000 bushels of wheat to raise a cow. A meat everyday diet is overkill for our protein needs, and not so great for our arteries either.

Well Laura Stec and Dr. Eugene Cordero, a gourmet caterer and meterology professor respectively are publishing The Global Warming Diet with lower eco-impact diets. This is a natural follow on to the localvore movement.

It's a matter of being conscious of our consumption. One of the challenges is becoming informed, It's tough even when you are... which brings me to my next post....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home