Friday, April 18, 2008

Now that's what I call REUSE!

Pink Tentacle has a funny Asahi (Japanese) on a man from Japan's Fukashima prefecture who collected used disposable chopsticks to make a 4 meter canoe. Now that's an amazing story of reuse.



The Independent (UK) has a story on the environmental impact of chopsticks in China. I'm looking forward to some new uses for Starbucks cups. It's amazing how much we have that is disposable. I recently went to pick up a temporary pass at a company, and they used plastic. I once collected used AOL CDs and was trying to create art work from the CDs but CDs are a hard medium to work with and I was to impatient to develop the technique. I though it would have been cool to create lamp shades similar to half a soccer ball using old AOL CDs as the medium. Easier said than done.

Art is an amazing thing, and actually good engineering or hacking is in the same way because it reconceptualizes the function of an item into another function. Make Magazine is a neat magazine with lots of do it yourself projects, it'd be neat to see if they created an issue using items that had been previously used.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM , Blogger ruchi said...

Oh my god, that's so cool!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home