Tuesday, September 23, 2008

On the power of sand,...

You'll have to forgive me if this post comes out grammatically incorrect as I am typing this dilated since I just got back from the optometrist. But in an effort to be productive since I cannot read, I still can type. Today's topic is on the subject of corporate green teams. Many companies are forming volunteer organizations with varying degrees of support focused on making people more green in their jobs. These tend to be grass roots organizations with limited sanction. Through small activities they agitate not just the system, but other workers in their greeness or lack of greeness. Yet they still act in good faith to try to get things done since sometimes in life you have to be the sand that starts the pearl. That's what I think of most when I think of corporate green teams.

What's sad about being the sand, is that when the pearl is done, the sand is no longer visible. It's hidden inside. So when you fret about whether what you are doing is visible, think of yourself as the sand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home