Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Car Free on a roll.....

Is May Car Free month for the New York Times?!?! Today there is roundtable of different urban planners, developers and experts on whether Car-freeness is viable in the U.S.?

It's an interesting question. The answer is it depends on what we seek as our norm. For those who live in New York City, the answer is obvious. For those living in rural Montana, probably not. There are places where it seems that it would be obvious like San Francisco Bay area, but even if I want to live carfree in San Francisco my job is out in the 'burbs.

It's great that we are asking these questions. Carfree for me will need to be freedom of norms. That things such as meetings and job timing can be done with more flexibility. My job is irregular so being Carfree is less likely, when I had a more regular job it was easier.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Blogger eshibui said...

It's a small step towards being "car free", but I haven't driven my car to work in May! Wooo hoo! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home