Sunday, September 03, 2006

May the sails conceive in the gust of wind...

I really can't sleep right now, too much on my mind, but nothing in particular. I received a call from a friend who along with another friend are on a road trip. he recounted how he had a dream of me chronicling the vegetarian challenged road trip of S&S (this is for your S&S, you might even get a rule of 4s from me, oh never mind, you aren't reading this blog. you read my other blog, oh screw it I'll double post this one.) on a blog and in that dream he had this conclusion that I am an alien. I told him i feel like I am becoming an alien, but not quite one yet. So it was wonderful to pass the phone along back and forth between s and s and find out about their journeys across the land.

I stumbled across the audio story of the Matt Gross who wrote the Frugal Traveler column for the NYT and it was quite touching. There was a farmer who drew a map of his life as it emanated from an apple tree, and at the end in explaining his life added Matt's name. The multimedia can be found at

There is a joy in travel, and there is a wonderful joy in traveling with good friends, with the strange conversation that only white line fever can bring out. S&S, safe travels, good food, amazing stories and may the sails conceive with wind of the wild.

For that a car does belong in our mythology, the sails and the rails and flying among the quails...


At 7:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the post. s has reverted to her nocturnal mode among her old friends in st. louis. I managed to get into a bed a little after two am. don't know when she finally went down. its 905am and she is like a rock on the couch with little bits of wind coming out of her. we've planned to do 500 miles of interstate driving. don't know if that is still the plan.



Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home