Thursday, August 14, 2008

An amazing blog post....

I am really lucky to be alive in this day and age. And so are you. As I move on in my years and struggle with my inner sense of arrested development as to why I am alive, this comes along. Every so often something causes me to give pause. In this case it's the abundance of talent that exists in this thing called the blogosphere, where talent reveals itself in unexpected places. More often than not, it's a new generation of young women bloggers who have voice.

One member of that group that I'm particularly fond of is the illogicality of my friend "E is for Eating" (and that is even when she does not take my dining recommendations, though when she does that's even better). As an aside, I have yet to have the same experience with male bloggers of any generation, who tend to be better at polemic or imitating Anthony Bourdain, but have not devised that quality of voice. They tend to dazzle with facts and figures wrapped with outrage. I wonder why that is. Regardless of the gender of the writer, we are fortunate to have mediums that span the globe to bring stuff this good to us.

Another member of these 20s women bloggers and the occasion for this pause is a recent post by a blogger who I have only just met in person named arduous aka Ruchi. This post deserves to be read, it's about the memories that come from a friend who's passed in the form of a sock. True to my gender, I'll use a sport analogy, the bat connects with the ball and this post goes out of the park. And it'll connect with you too. It has nothing to do with the environment, nothing with being green, but everything thing about why we need to protect the world by being green.

2 Comments:

At 8:39 AM , Blogger Dianna said...

that post about the sock made me teary.

you're a great blogger, C. we should talk on the phone more.

<3!

 
At 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this, C. I'm subscribed to her blog now

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home