Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Time to form a "bikepool"

I work at a pretty progressive company, I have to say that I'm lucky that my employer generally has values that are in alignment with mine. I say generally, because I understand the pressures a company faces once it's public and compromises and trade offs are made. But in the area of environmental sustainability, the company tries to do right as much as possible, and it supports its employees in being eco-aware. But you can lead a horse to water, but that doesn't mean the horse will drink.

On our internal bike email list, there are calls for new cyclists or employees what want to ride their bike to work but don't know the best path, so I came up with the crazy idea (or at least the word) of creating a "bikepool" where local employees get together at a close by spot to ride into work together. Part of it is social and part of it is to help newbies learn the ropes of getting to work on their bike. Some will meet from the local train stop to meet commuters, and some ambitious souls are going to ride from San Francisco to Silicon Valley.

So share your wisdom, share your knowledge, share your company. Form a bikepool today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home