Thursday, September 28, 2006

Payoff....

Last week I was in the land of supersized servings and wide swatches of land. In this land of bigness, there was a nice benefit, I was smaller. I don't see the team in the home office much, but everyone was surprised by how "fit" I looked. They asked me what I did, and I told them, I just started moving...on my own power.

The same thing happened to me when I studied in Taipei, Taiwan. I went off a strictly vegetarian diet, stopped "working out" and started walking everywhere. (Like I had a choice). Result I lost 20 pounds. It seems in the 'burbs people go out of there way to get in shape (health clubs, diets). It just happens in places where people walk. Same thing happens when I take long touring vacations where I'm walking around. You just lose weight without trying, even when you're eating up a storm.

If feeling better isn't enough, guess we can always rely on the old standby, looking better. Sports car, plastic surgery, or spending less time in your car? Hmmmm..

Weight still at 188 lbs. But I need some more holes in my belt.

1 Comments:

At 12:14 AM , Blogger eshibui said...

I lost 8 lbs in August mainly just by walking. I was on a business trip for two weeks of that month and was at a wedding too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home