Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Brain Hurts....

As I've been alluding to in the past few posts, I've been shopping and I generally don't like shopping. OK that's not true, I do shop a lot for gear, I've been eyeing a brand new MacBook for awhile, and the iPhone -- I've been feigning non-interest, going under cover that I'm still on contract with T-Mobile. I could make some stereotypical comment about how guys shop and gals, but I won't but what I will say that suppose you are the type that analyzes your purchases, looking for the best value, the best specs, figuring out the logical reason for why you want to buy something, than all I can say is that buying the right Carbon Offsets is going to blow your mind. So many variables, so many things to verify and try to make sense of.

What offsets are better, trees or alternative energy? Or something different?
New construction, funding old sources?
Is the offset company you are dealing with even real, and not some Nigerian Oil Scam in new clothing?
How much should you pay? How much admin cost is the offset taking?

And that's the beginning. Yes, your brain will hurt. I'm still trying to figure things out, but here are some resources:

A Little Greener's Travel Greener Page gives some suggestions on how to travel more lightly.

Canada's David Suzuki Foundation explains what you can do and has great resources

Eco Business Links has a directory of offsets.

Ideally, it'd be great if airlines would make the offsets for us, and let us just check off and save us all the trouble. Of course that assumes that their offset matches your idea of a good offset.

Now my brain really hurts, I'm going to get some ice cream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home