Thursday, June 21, 2007

Still Shopping....

I've been delinquent in my posts since I've been busy with "re-entry" as I get caught up on things (like scheduling a dentists appointment (ok that's procrastination) and gasp! looking for employment, and catching up with friends who want to hear about my Cabbage and Condoms experiences (it sounds so much more kinky than it really is -- but admit it I got your attention now).

I realize that my simple goal of purchasing some carbon offsets is actually really hard. I know what a car is, I'm still not sure what exactly is a carbon offset, I mean in an warm and fuzzy way I know what it is, but if you can't name it, you can't describe it, you can't understand it.

I'll keep you posted on what I find, but I close with a suggestion to the airline industry...

Commission someone to identify legitimate and well managed carbon offset providers and choose one that will give the best results. And add to your on line purchasing an option to purchase offsets for your trip at the same time voluntarily. I think you'd be surprised at how many people do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home