Sunday, November 02, 2008

Why is it so hard?

Is it really that hard to create less garbage in the world. Especially when it's your daily habit. I have a particular pet peeve with people who have coffee every day at work, and every day, and I mean every day use one and sometimes two paper cups each time they get their daily cup of coffee. I mean how difficult is it to use the same cup each day. I mean, there are sinks to rinse the cup out. In the good old days, I remember beat reporters use to stir their coffee with their pencils for peet's sake. So what gives?

I don't know, worshipping at the altar of convenience may not be the most pious act. So I started a facebook group called "I use my own mug thank you" Please consider joining it and convincing other to "Chuck the Cup" Also, if anyone is reading this who knows me at work, if you need a mug. Let me know, I'll get you one. But here's the catch. You got to use it.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 PM , Blogger eshibui said...

I have extra coffee mugs if you run low. :)

 
At 2:25 AM , Blogger ruchi said...

I think it's a mindset. Not so long ago, I used a new plastic bowl every morning for my cereal. Why? Why didn't I just bring a bowl in and wash it out? I guess I never really bothered to consider the waste. Once I finally started using my own bowl, I felt so embarrassed that it had taken me so long.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home