Friday, September 29, 2006

New habits die hard...

Well I've had my car for two weeks today, and it's funny but new habits die hard. My car has been sitting in my garage mostly. Which is a good thing and bad thing from a financial analysis. It's good in that I'm not putting a lot of miles on the car, it's bad in that I'm paying for insurance that I'm not using. The net net it's a good thing, my carbon consumption has been very low.

I was on a business trip so that meant my car wasn't getting used, but in the opportunities where I could use my car I'm doing pretty well. I've ridden my bike to work 4 days out of 5 this week, for reasons I'll go into in another post. I've ridden my bike to swimming twice, and even to a social function once. You get streamlined with riding the bike and you just keep doing it. Also, I've become rather addicted to the feel of getting my blood flowing in the morning. And while riding my bike at the beginning was hard, the funny thing is the more you do it the easier it gets. Same applies to eating. Ahh the never ending conflict.

Tonight I'm driving to San Francisco, and I'm proud that I'll be driving 2 or 3 others, reducing the per capita carbon
consumption. We live in the world we live, so we do what we can do. Or at least try.

So I've capitulated on the car, and I'm going to try to use the car when absolutely necessary. Should I rename the blog, LessCarInCalifornia? Sort of lacks the ring, doesn't it. Well chime in on the comments. Have I gone to the dark side? What should I have done? Did I do bad by not going hybrid? Did I do worse by buying new?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home